TIMUN MAS


TIMUN MAS
A long, long time ago, there was a peasant couple. They lived in a village near a forest. They lived happily. Unfortunately, they didn’t have any children yet. Every day, they prayed to God for a child.
Mother            : “Oh, God….please give us a child. I promise I will always protect my child. Please answer our prayer. Thank you God.”
One day, the Green Giant, Buto Ijo, passed by their house. He heard what they were praying for.
Mother            : “Oh, my God!!! Who are you???”
Giant               : “ I’m Buto Ijo.”
Father              : “ Who’s that, honey??”
                                                                 
Mother            : “ Oh husband, Buto Ijo is in front of our home. I’m scared, he will kill both of us.”
Giant               : “Whoa…ha..ha..ha..don’t be afraid. I’m not going to kill you. But will full your request to have a child.”
Father              : “What??? Are you kidding?”                                             
Giant               : “No..no... I’m serious, yes, I’m serious. If you don’t believe me, it doesn’t matter.”
Mother            : “All right…all right. My husband, lets see what he can do to help us.”
Giant               : “ Look, here are some cucumber seeds. Plant these seeds, then you’ll get a daughter.”
Father              : “Do you mean it??? It’s so easy.”
Giant               : “Yes, I mean it. But remember, on her seventeenth birthday, I’ll come back to take the girl.”
Mother            : “Oh husband…please I want a child. Let’s try his offer.”
Father              : “But…but..alright, alright. Okay, I’ll take your offer.”
Mother            : “Oh, thank you, Buto Ijo.”
Giant               : “Whoa…ha..ha..ha…see you again seventeen year from now. And remember your promise.”
The couple planted the seeds. Month later, a golden cucumber grew in the yard. The cucumber was getting bigger and bigger each day. When it was ripe, They picked it.
Father              : “Wife, take a look at this cucumber. What a big one.”
Mother            : “It is, husband. I think it’s time for us to open it up. Don’t you think so??”
Father              : “Yes, lets cut it into two.”
Carefully, they cut the cucumber into two. To their surprise, thy found a beautiful baby girl inside the cucumber. How joyful they were.
Mother            : “Look, husband!! There is a baby girl inside this cucumber.”
Father              : “Yes, ther is. Oh, God, thank you so much…thank you so much.”
Mother            : “I think I will name her Timun Mas, husband.”
Father              : “I agree with you because she came from the cucumber and she is really cute and has fair skin.”
Year passed by and Timun Mas grew into a lovely girl. Her parents were very proud of her but their hearts hurt so bad when they remembered that there was a sacred hermit living in the mountain. So, they went there for help.
Mother            : “Please, good hermit, help us. Don’t let Buto ijo our dearest daughter. She’s been with us for seventeen years.”
Father              : “Yes, good hermit. I can’t do anything to prevent him. What shall we do?? Please help us.”
Hermit             : “Please stop crying.”
Mother            : “So, what we have to do??”
Hermit             : “Here is a bundle. Ther are four things and messages inside.”
Father              : “What for is it??”
Hermit             : “They will help Timun Mas run away from the Giant.”
Father              : “Thank you, good hermit.”
Hermit             : “Now, you can leave this place!!”


Oh Timun Mas ‘s seventeenth birthday, Buto Ijo come for the couple’s promise.
Giant               : “Whoa..ha..ha..ha…Hey, peasant…where is your daughter?? Icome her to pick her up. Remember the promise you said to me.”
Father              : “Be patient…Buto Ijo..Timun Mas, my daughter is playing in the field.”
Giant               : “Huh I know you’re lying. But never mind I’ll find her by my self.”
Father              : “Timun Mas, come here, child. Take this bundle. It contains chili seeds, salt, cucumber seeds, and shrim paste. Throw each of them when the giant gets closer to you. These will help you get away from the giant. Run as fast as you can.”
The Giant chased Timun Mas and he was getting closer and closer. Timun Mas then took a handful of salt from the bundle. She spread out the salt. Suddenly a wide sea appeared between them. The Giant had to swim to reach her.
Giant               : “Ho..ho…ho… You think can run away from me. No way….whoa..ha..ha..ha..c’mon I’ll get you.
Timun Mas      : “Oh, no…He’s closer right behind me.”
Timun Mas has still running, but now the giant almost  caught her. Quickly, She took the chili seeds and threw them at the giant. The seeds suddenly grew into some trees and trapped the giant. The trees grew some thorns as sharp as a knife. The giant screamed painfully.
Giant               : “Ouch….ouch…This girl is not nice!!! You want to play with me. okay, what’s the game, huh??”
Timun Mas      : “Oh, no!! He is still chasing me.. I must run…”
But The Giant was very strong. Again he almost caught Timun Mas. So, Timun Mas took the cucumber seeds. She threw them into the ground and suddenly they became a wide cucumber field.
Giant               : “Hey, what’s this? Cucumber are everywhere. Hm…delicious. Okay, I’ll stop a moment. I’m thirsty. Hm…yummy…yummy…”
Timun Mas      : “Hosh….hosh…. Oh, I’m out breath. But the giant was eating the cucumbers. This is my chance to run away.”
Giant               : “Whoooah…!!! I’m very sleep. I want to sleep first. After that I’ll find Timun Mas. Wait for me girl, I’ll come and make you my dinner to night.”

Timun Mas kept on running as fast as she could. But soon she was very tired herself. And things were getting worse too!! The Giant had woken up.
Giant               : “Whoooah..!! Hm.. I’m fresh again. Hey.. Timun Mas. You can’t run from me. I’ll get you. Hohoho…where are you…??? C’mon girl…”
Timun Mas      : “Oh, God. He has woken uo. What shall I do, God?? Please help me. this is my last hope.”
Desperately she then threw her last weapon, the shrimp paste. The paste turned into a big swamp.
Giant               : “Oh, no what’s this?? It’s so sticky and smeel fishy!!! Timun Mas….!! I swear I will swallow you as soon as I catch you!!!”
The Giant fell into the swamp but his hands almost reached Timun Mas. Suddenly the swamp pulled him to the bottom.
Giant               : “Oh, no…help…help…help…”
The Giant panicked for the couldn’t breathe. Finally he drowned. Timun Mas was very relieved. She was safe now. From then on, Timun mas lived happily with her parents with no fear any more.
"THE END "
 



( Rad26 )



Artikel Terkait: